Monday, December 3, 2007

Hair Catastrophe

So The other night I was home a good part of the day and got a little bored. I was on youtube watching Avril Lavigne music videos and the almost brilliant thought came to me that "oh I think I would look cute as a blond!" So Tony got home and of course agreed with me because he has been trying to turn me blond for some time now. We got in the car, purchased a box of hair dye and got to it. After I got the dye all mixed up and in my hair I looked at the color chart and saw "Not recommended for brown or black hair" printed in fine print on the box. I gasped and new that I had made a mistake and hoped for the best. When it was all rinsed out and dried it didn't look too bad, but it wasn't what I was expecting. We went back to the store found my friend Becca and got her advice and got a new box called "born to be Blond" I said sweet this will work for sure. I got home got it in, let it sit for the time period tested a piece and then left it in for about 15 more minutes to try to get the orange color out. I washed it out and my hair was Yellow!!! ahhhh!!! what a nightmare! I looked like a side show freak. I went to bed crying that night and of course the next morning it was church. We were sinners and ditched sacrament meeting and purchased yet another box set. This time I gave up on the blond color opted for brown. We went home and put it in and finally had success. It looks almost exactly the same as it used to but slightly lighter. Yay!!! Anyway that's my story.. sorry there are no pictures of the horrible process, but i'm sure your imagination can fill in the blanks. It might even make it a little better.

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Oh my gosh, you poor thing! What is it with these guys and wanting us to go blonde?! Matt's been trying to get me to do it for a couple years now and he just can't seem to take no for an answer! Maybe after reading your post he'll leave me alone...
I'm glad you got it back to almost your normal color!

Aubreydoll said...

P.S. I've tagged you so check out my blog for the rules. Sorry!

Anonymous said...

Awwww...lol...that sucks. Its funny too..but yeah...it sucks. It happened to me too. Few years ago. I actually went to a salon. But it was some new girl who did it. I ended up with brownish red, orange, and yellow streaks. NOT HAPPY. Haha..but I went back and had the manager fix it. I'm not sure what exactly your process was, but you need to bleach the brown hair out first, all the way..or any hint of brown will mix with the blond dye and leave your hair brassy. Then once its bleached you can tone it down and put darker lowlights in it, so youre not so "paris hilton" platinum..lol. Anyway..I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who opted out of going to something important due to my looks. I skipped work that day:) hehe.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online