Saturday, July 25, 2009

5000 lbs Later and 16 Fish

So this is going to be a little bit of a brag session, but I am so proud of myself. Today, I lifted a total of 5000 lbs. NOT all at once of course, but our workout today was one of the qualifiers that they used in the Crossfit Games. I chose my weight, which dictated my reps, chose the clean/push jerk technique, and went for it. I ended up lifting 53lbs 95 times and finished in a time of 16:47 and a slight tear on my hand on the bar. This obviously wouldn't put me in the games, but for being preggo that's pretty darn good. I have been working out this way for about 2 months and I couldn't feel better. No worries, I'm not hurting the baby at all. He has been very active, the doctor has said his heart sounds excellent thus far, and I wouldn't be surprised if he popped out and did a push-up or two ;)

This is me a little after I first started doing a one-handed Dumbbell snatch. Don't be alarmed on how red my face is. It has always been that way when I work out.

Also, I forgot to mention that Tony went fishing with his dad up in Clarks Fork. He caught 16 fish! Out fishing his dad by 8 fish. I'm glad that he has such a good relationship with his dad. Way to go Tony!

9 comments:

The Days said...

So cool Traci!
You will be so happy that you did all of this while pg. I will be worth it!

Alicia said...

Way to go, Traci! I'm very impressed!

Aubreydoll said...

Wow Traci, look at you! You're going to bounce back after this baby in no time!!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

yay! i think its awesome that you have been so active even while pregnant.

Lance and Jen said...

Way to go! That is so impressive!

T and B said...

VERY amazed! I now officially feel like a wimp :)

Jackson Family said...

that's awesome! I haven't seen you around lately. Hope all is well. Hope that Tony passed the present on the to rightful owner and didn't keep it for himself. ;)

vocalise said...

Keep us posted on that baby!!!!!

Becca said...

Thats impressive....for both of you!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online