Thursday, November 12, 2009

What a Week

As some of you may know Landon had a cold for the last week and a half and it got the better of me. He did pretty well mood wise for the first part of it, but towards the middle of it he took a turn for the worse. He would go through hours of screaming and refused to eat, and on top of it, he got his 2 month shots. He wasn't sleeping well because of his congestion and basically lived in his car seat so that the snot wouldn't run into his throat. I had a really hard time with it because he only really cried when he was hungry in the middle of the night and if I took too long to put him down for his naps. I was convinced that someone made off with Landon and replaced him with a little monster.
I had a mental breakdown in the pediatrics office the other day. I had tweeked my back trying to get him out of the car and couldn't really stand up straight so I had to hold him sitting down, which made him cry harder. I was shedding tears trying not to draw attention to myself, but with Landon crying it was like he turned on the neon sign saying 'Look at me!' . Everyone was staring and a man came up to me and asked if I needed help. I regret to say that I handed my child over to a complete stranger and just sobbed my eyes out. I don't say this to organize a pitty party, but just for my own sake to realize that these things don't last forever. While Landon was sick I decided to get Baby Wise with the money I got for my birthday and am doing a lot better sticking to a routine with him. Which I think has made him happy, which ultimately makes me happy as well. Plus, he is feeling better so I'm sure that helps a lot. Tony was really helpful during all this. He didn't complain that things didn't get done. I have the best husband ever.

9 comments:

Jennifer Ames said...

I read that book and loved it! Sorry that Landon was sick. That's so hard. I'm glad someone was there to help you! Don't feel bad at all for handing Landon over to a stranger. You are great!

Becca said...

Im glad everything is going better :) I know youre a great mom! I love you Traci. Kiss your cutie boy for me!

The Days said...

Being a mom is hard and we have all broken down before! Sometimes tears are just necessary. What a nice man for helping you! I am glad Landon is feeling better.

Aubreydoll said...

Oh Traci, I'm so sorry!!! There will be moments like that and they do end, but when you're in the middle of it sometimes the only thing you can do is let the tears come. I wish I could give you a big hug right now! We love you!

Mom said...

I wish I had been there to help you. I love you!

T and B said...

Glad he is doing better. Glad that Man helped you. I'm sure he was an answer to your prayers.

Katie said...

Wow! You poor things! Georgie went through a few months when she was about 6 months old when she was waking up 8 times a night to eat. I was SOOOO sleep deprived, so I picked up the "No Cry Sleep Solution". It was so good! Just thought you might like another source. We didn't follow everything in the book, but most of it really worked for scheduling.

Sparks in the Desert said...

First off, ConGRATulationS! It has been forever since I have been on blogs and your new little arrival is just darling! If it makes you any happier I have thrown out my back putting my baby in her car seat base. When I went to the PT he said that they actually have seen it happen with several patients. That made me feel a lot better. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Sparks in the Desert said...

First off, ConGRATulationS! It has been forever since I have been on blogs and your new little arrival is just darling! If it makes you any happier I have thrown out my back putting my baby in her car seat base. When I went to the PT he said that they actually have seen it happen with several patients. That made me feel a lot better. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online