Thursday, January 14, 2010

Rice, anyone?

So our first attempt with Rice cereal with Landon wasn't anywhere near a success. I would have posted our video of it, but I figured if giving our craptastic computer 7+ hours to load didn't work its pretty much not going to. Sorry. There obviously is a learning curve for these types of things. Any suggestions on how help him along? I know these things can't be rushed, and that doesn't bother me, but I want to be moving towards solids so I can actually do something with Tony without worrying about whether or not I timed it just right to nurse him when I get back. Anyway, so this post isn't too boring I will add some cute pictures instead.





9 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

He'll get the hang of the cereal when he's ready! Besides, have you smelled that stuff? It smells just like cardboard! :)

He's still as cute as can be! Bauer told me yesterday that he wanted to go visit Landon, he really misses him!

Becca said...

awwwwww! Yay some cute pictures of that sweet boy! I love it! I love his little chubby rolls, so stinkin cute :) You three look great! He looks like Tony a lot, but there are lots of pictures now where I see Traci :) What a doll!

Jonestown said...

I tried mixing it with breast milk - he's already are familiar with how that tastes I eventually moved on to oatmeal and they both eat a lot of it still :) Sometimes it's texture, too thick or too think. Hang in there.

Jonestown said...

I meant to say THIN not think - sorry

Alicia said...

I think I'm going to wait until 6 months to try cereal with Katie, which is what I did with Gracie. I know it's exhausting to be the only "food source," but it really lasts such a short time in retrospect. My mom told me to enjoy this time (of just breastfeeding) because "it's the only time that you can hold [and feed] your baby and know that you're meeting all his/her needs, 'cause later you're always second-guessing yourself." I know that thinking of that helps me a lot when I'm feeling drained (literally).

Please don't think I'm trying to tell you what to do--I'm certainly no expert. Landon is doing so great, mostly because he has such a good mommy taking care of him. :)

P.S. You are looking fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

He is so beautiful! -Megan

Jackson Family said...

i like the pictures....so fun!

The Spencers said...

He is sooo cute. So how is everything going? We miss you guys.

Tony and Traci said...

The picture with Landon and I with the baseball hat has some meaning behind it. That was the age when I got that hat. I have pictures of me with that hat on. Ill have to scan then and post both of them.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online