Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We're In Utah!

So we left California on Saturday morning and made the drive to Utah. Roxy doesn't really travel well so we had to give her a sedation pill to keep her under control, but in doing so it makes her really nervous and thus dandruff and hair was everywhere. (Also, it made her look like she was drunk walking on the grass to go potty... really funny!) Since being here the last couple of days she has been my little shadow but otherwise good. Our place is starting to take shape and we are getting things in order. We kinda have the bare bones as far as furniture goes. I guess I misunderstood what was being provided. I thought that there would be stuff rented, but we have been here for 2 days now and I am sitting on one of our kitchen table chairs (which we brought out btw) as I'm posting and my TV has been placed on one of our sterelite containers with things in it that yet need to be unpacked. We do have a bed and our kitchen table so that's good news.
Our apartment is pretty nice, but with almost all apartments that you rent there are the inevitable ghetto factors to it. First off, our tub looks like it was a prop from a horror film (i even got the heavy duty Lime-A-Way to try to get to looking decent, but no luck) we have bright red counter tops (any ideas on how to make that look cute??) manual dishwasher (i.e. myself), 1st edition washer/dryer (not in mint condition, but still running and does the job so no complaints), no vanity light, windows that either don't shut all the way or don't open at all, and one cabinet that the door doesn't stay shut (and its not just a little gap b/c I could live with that, but it swings wide open due to my plates being to big and obstructing the magnet that holds it in place). It does have its good parts to it though. Internet and cable are included, it has new paint on the walls, new carpet, new tile on the floor and in the shower walls (from the tub up). Anyway, Just thought I would keep you guys posted on how we were doing. :) Hope all of you guys are doing well.

5 comments:

Emily Kern said...

I've been waiting to hear! I am so glad you are there and safe, sorry about your not-so-spectacular digs, but I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time!

Aubreydoll said...

Well, half of it sounds great! New carpet and tile is awesome! And, of course, internet and cable are always a big bonus, too!

The Days said...

Hey! I am glad you guys made it! How was your stay with Hil?

Alicia said...

Thanks for the update. So glad you guys are getting settled in. Keep us posted! :)

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

im excited you are in utah.. and now we are in utah also! we need to hang out so i can see your oh so cool red counters. i could tell you what to do with your kitchen.. but then again that would include going crazy like me and buying all red things. i cant wait to see you. ill call you soon.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online