Saturday, June 7, 2008

Confession....


Fact: I have become OBSESSED with the Twilight Series books. I read all three books in less than a week and I am not embarrassed to admit that.


If you have not read these books already I highly recommend them. They are so gripping and intense that I had to force myself to go to bed (I realized this at 2:30a each night) I was inevitably exhausted, but well worth it. My friend Roberta delightfully gave me the flu, but that just allowed me more time to read them uninterrupted. Tony was gone this week and so this was absolutely perfect. I think the reason why I loved the books so much was because Edward's character reminded me so much of Tony... well besides the whole vampire aspect (and doesn't have the physical description of Edward, but I still think that he is totally breathtaking none the less).... You'd have to first read the books to know Edward's character, but more importantly know Tony the way that I know him. Without going into all the gooshy details this is why I think Tony is my "Edward": First off he hunts (not in the same way, but still) He will do absolutely anything in his power to protect me (even if he does go overboard sometimes), he thinks I am the most beautiful woman in the world, he is always looking out for my feelings, and he loves me more than words describes. On top of all that I honestly think that Bella reminds me of myself a little bit. This is why I think I'm Tony's "Bella": I am sometimes reckless and stupid, stubborn, yet firm about my decisions and actions, I have had some of her same internal conflicts, and I can be a huge klutz at times (not enough to hospitalize myself, but I always have cuts and bruises from running into things). The only difference is that I don't have to drink blood to be with him for eternity. As I write all this I'm sure it makes me sound über crazy, but I have not been excited about reading as I am now. I can't wait for Eclipse's sequel to come out in August and the Twilight movie in December (even though I think that they could have picked a better looking actor to play Edward... Robert Pattinson is cute, but not at all how I pictured him)!!!! Anyway, I'll stop boring you all with my new obsession, but I thought I would update and explain my bit of a disappearance.

12 comments:

Kristie and Roger said...

Well, your the last Liston Women to read them....Welcome to the club.
Miss you!

Alicia said...

I LOVE these books too! I'm waiting for Eclipse to be available at the library, and I'm very excited to read it (and the one that comes out in August too). And don't worry--I know what you mean about the Edward thing. Dave reminds me of Edward in a lot of (good) ways too. :)

Aubreydoll said...

Aha, you have been assimilated! I've read the series three times already and I can't wait for the fourth on to come out (and I totally agree with you about the movie).

*I'm reading her new book, The Host, and, in my opinion, it's not really up to par with the Twilight books.

Martin Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad that you read those book. I really liked her new book The Host.

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

you are so cute. i love how you tell stories. these sound like good books! ive been trying to read at least an hour a day so ive been reading random books. i finally start work tomorrow though! yay! so ill call you and tell you how it goes. also, we got called to be nursery workers. all the kids havnt killed us yet. anyways, hopefully you are feeling better!

ps i got a picture of the tv display center from my sister in law. i could email you the picture if you give me your email address.

The Days said...

It's about time! ;)

Tony and Traci said...

I know it is about time! I didn't really get around to it before because I didn't want to buy a another book that I didn't love and I didn't know anyone close who had them (stupid Pillars of the Earth! What a calossal waste of $20!!!). I can hardly wait until the new one comes out!!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Hey crazy lady! I love the series as well and I agree about Edward actor I was a bit bummed when I saw him. Anyway hope all is going well where you are at now! Glad to find you on here! YAY!!

Kristie and Roger said...

LOL Pillar's of the Earth........boy did we get taken on that Oprah ride or what?
Just couldn't read it anymore, I gave it away to a random nurse at the hospital........
Stupid Oprah club........never again

The Days said...

Ya, I learned awhile ago that Oprah and I do not have the same taste when it comes to books.

Em said...

Traci! I too read the books in under a week thanks to Amanda who supplied me with #2 and #3, I have to admit it's nice reading a series that is already nearly complete, If I'd had to wait more than a day to read what happened at Bella's b-day party (end of book 1) I would have pulled my hair out.

Glad things are going well! You might also enjoy daughter's of Lancaster County series there are 3. Good, clean and fun to read as well.

Emily Kern said...

I am definitely going to have to get these, everyone is talking about them!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online