Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Till We Meet Again Little Bean


I knew this day was coming, but I didn't really think it would come so soon. My little Brother Ben (whom we call 'Bean' as a nickname) went into the MTC today. I had planned on going up to see him off, but we had some things come up and I wasn't able to go. Anyway, it just kinda hit me that I wouldn't really be able to talk to him on a regular basis about normal things for a while. I know that I will still be able to talk to him, but it won't be the same. On top of that, I'll know in the back of my mind that when I go home for Christmas he won't be there to dazzle us with his inconceivable DDR skills and the 'Von Trapp' family choir will be incomplete the next couple of years. It seemed like yesterday that I was on speakerphone in my sisters living room waiting for him to open his letter and that it was still months away. Anyway, its just a little sad to say the least. Good luck Elder Boardman on your new adventure in Melbourne Australia speaking Mandarin Chinese

4 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Man, that made me a little sad to read your post. I'm tearing up a tiny bit! We're really going to miss him a lot, too! I know Bauer will for sure. He loves going up to "NoniPoppyUncleBen's house" (he says it like it's one big word)!

Aubreydoll said...

And I love the layout!

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

Yay for Missionaries!
So your moving back to Turlock????

T and B said...

Walker went into the MTC the same day as Ben so I understand how you feel. It's hard because you want them to serve missions, but you can't help but miss them while their gone. Hopefully the next two years go by fast.

It is crazy to think that your parents are "empty nesters" and that my parents only have Jorgen left.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online