Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Back In Turlock

So on Saturday Tony and I packed up the contents of our apartment and cleaned to be ready to drive the following morning. I can tell that this whole moving process is getting a little old because normally I am extremely organized when I am packing things into boxes. I like to make the unpacking as effortless as possible. This time I didn't care where it went, just as long as it was in a box or a trash bag and into the truck. The drive wasn't really that bad, but I haven't driven by myself for long periods of time in a while so I wasn't conditioned for it anymore. I spent the majority of the time singing super loud, patting my cheeks, and the later part of my trip I bought a snickers and gulped down a 32 oz Siete (Or in other words a 32 oz soda from a 7Eleven or some other gas station).
It is really nice to be in town though. I will say that I am enjoying the weather a lot better than in Phoenix. It is cooler here and it actually feels like it is starting to become fall. I'm excited that there are deciduous trees here. That is my favorite thing about fall is the trees changing colors. I am also excited that I am going back to my old ward. There are a lot of younger couples in the ward that we were friends with.
There are things that I am going to miss about Phoenix. Mainly the people. We are going to miss Sarah and Jared (my sister and her Fiance) and some of people that we worked with. I am also going to miss the fact that where we lived was awesome for shopping. We lived right behind a mall and we were 5 minutes or less from Wal*Mart, Costco, or Target. I guess it shouldn't matter because we didn't do much shopping anyway, but there were a lot of great restaurants close by. Anyway, to sum it up I'm glad that the move is over.

9 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Were you just moving for the summer? I guess I didn't know that you were going back. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention...

Emily Kern said...

So where are you? Are you going to be at church on Sunday? I am so glad you are back!

The Days said...

We are happy to have you back!

Alicia said...

I didn't know you were here! Yay! Can't wait to see you at church!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

im glad that you made it back! where are you staying? are you going to get your job back? also hows tony doing? we miss you guys! have fun in exercise group again!

Becca said...

I had no idea that you were moving! I am so out of the loop!

Em said...

Welcome home! I love your new page it's so cute!

Alicia said...

It was so nice to see you on Sunday! I missed your smiling face. :)

Jackson Family said...

Welcome back!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online