Saturday, February 7, 2009

Has this ever happened to you??

Last night (which I know was only a few hours ago...) we went over to our friends house to play games and talk. Tony and I went up to their door, knocked, and this was the following dialog:
Lady: Who is it?
Me(Traci): House Keeping! (in a somewhat higher voice)
Lady: Who??
Me: House Keeping!

There was a pause before the door opened and needless to say it wasn't our friends. I was soo embarrassed. I quickly apologized and Tony asked if he knew the family that we were looking for. She said no and shut her door within seconds. Tony and I looked at eachother and started to giggle a little as we walked away. Don't you just love those "oops" moments?

8 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Oh man, that's hilarious!!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

hahaha!!!! that is way too funny!! and it is totally something that i would do!

UpdikeUpdates.com said...

HILARIOUS!!! We always say that... "housekeeping! Want me fluff your pillow??" CLASSIC... oooooh man that is seriously something I can see happening to ME too! I love that you thought to post it. I should remember those moments... so funny to laugh about AFTER the fact huh? :) I am SOOOO EXCITED about your NEWS!!! You two are going to make the best parents! Congratulations!

Becca said...

That is so funny! I laughed out loud in my office and everyone thought I was crazy....well thats because I am! :)

Sparks in the Desert said...

How great is that!

Anonymous said...

thats funny. i almost got a recptionist at a school to say "housekeeping" once, because when the phone wrang i said "housekeeping" and when she picked up the phonwe she started to say it and then paused and answerd it correctly , it was really funny.

-Audra

Noni said...

That's so funny!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

hahahhaaaa! i love it! that is sooo funny. i would have busted up laughing if some stranger did that at my door. so how was your valentines day?!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online