Friday, October 9, 2009

Why do I attract the Weirdos?!

I have come to find that I seem to attract weird people in stores. First it was the "Hey Lady!" guy and the guy who told me I made a mistake by getting married at OSH, then a few months ago I was at the pharmacy with my sister-in-law Hilary and there were a slew of interesting people. The details on that particular trip are a little hazy, but I have an even better story. Today Tony and I went to Raley's to drop off a prescription when I came across this guy. Tony was checking out the flu shot table while I dropped off the prescription. This guy walks up to the counter and this is roughly how the conversation went down:
Man: Hello
Traci: Hi
M: Check it out I got a new Medicare card!
T: That's cool
M: Yeah... Hey you look like someone in a movie
T: I've been told I look like Hilary Duff
M: No, that's not it. You look like someone else.
T: I dunno then
M: I know! Have you ever seen Vampire Slayer?
T: Can't say that I have.
M: Well you look like a girl in that movie
T: Ok. (trying to avoid eye contact and looking for Tony)
(Tony enters stage Right)
M: Hey you look like someone
A: ......ok
M: have you ever seen King of Queens?
A: um..maybe
M: Well you look like Doug on that show.
A: Is he the UPS guy?
M: Yeah the bigger guy.
A: Sweet, Thanks.

Luckily someone from the pharmacy started to help him. I had a hard time not busting up laughing with this one. I don't mind people being friendly, but there is a point to when friendly just turns into down right weird. I kinda think this is hilarious, but also know that its a sign that I can't be too careful when I go out. Who knows who I'll run into.

5 comments:

Audra said...

Oh! Oh! What about this one???
" I like your dog" ya that was creepy. You and Tony always have some pretty intersting stories.

Aubreydoll said...

Hahaha, I had to laugh out loud and the last line!! "Sweet, thanks." Haha

Maybe you're too approachable? Just do what I do and walk around with a scowl on your face and pretend like you're on a very important errand, even if the only thing you're getting is a pack of gum! :) Of course, you wouldn't have very good stories anymore, would you?!

Alicia said...

Lucky you! Sorry you always have weirdos talk to you, but thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Seriously, who are these people?! :)

Becca said...

Haha that last line made me laugh too....what weirdos. Aubrey! I do the same thing! I always just look mean so people stay out of my way!

T and B said...

That's hilarious! Too many crazies out there.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online