Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Positive Step Forward

So today I went out with Tony and Roger to go and walk the streets for Proposition 8. For those of you who are not familiar with Prop 8, to sum it up, it is a proposition to protect marriage as only between a man and a woman in the state of California. Anyway, I went out and knocked a few streets with Tony and I would have to say it wasn't that bad. Tony did most of the talking, but I put in a few words here and there. We got a lot of really good responses and only one guy that said that "heterosexuals 'screwed' up marriage with the divorce rate as proof (blah blah blah)". I was really excited about it. I'm sure that it was just blind luck that we got so many good responses, but what a night. Its kinda scary to imagine what kinds of collateral damage that will happen if it doesn't pass. Apparently France did a study on something similar to this and decided not to pass it because of the harm it would do to society. They didn't report what they found, but if France wouldn't even pass it, it must have been bad.

7 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Good for you guys!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

i heard about that.. arent they asking ward members to go out and knock doors to help inform people. i think thats great! im sad to hear that exercise group isnt there anymore! its probly because they didnt have you there to motivate them! lol.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Hello Traci. I am glad you guys are in a place where you want to be. Congrats on Tony's new job. We look forward to seeing you guys before you take off to SLC for Turkey day. Love -

TRL

Martin Family said...

Hey guys good to see you made it back to Turlock. HOpe you are enjoying the weather. I miss it at times. Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving

T and B said...

Glad you made it back to California safe and sound. That is awesome that you and Tony went around and talked to people about the importance of marriage between a man and woman. What an awesome thing to do.

Take care!

Emily Kern said...

Good job! Hey, treadmills are boring, so call me, I need someone to run with to keep me going, OK?

Alicia said...

Hey Traci! I tagged you, so see our blog for details!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online