Thursday, October 16, 2008

Updates and Rants...

So I haven't really had anything super blog worthy, but I thought I would give you guys a bit of an update. This is gonna be long one so you have been forewarned. Tony has started his Job with ADT (Finally!!!) and I have yet to find a job. I have found that craiglist is not a reliable source for job searching because you will apply for dozens of jobs, get the run around, and the best response you will get is from 'Sister Mary Joseph', apparent CEO of career experts. Which might I add is not even a real response because when I was told I had to pay $100 for a resume template, I responded back with "I can't afford that.....", all she said was "Thank you for your response I will pass this information on to your potential employers.....". (which she had sent me the same email the time before). ???? :/

Anyway, Tony is having a great time with his new job, but he is a little stir crazy because they are having him start on square one with the training. He also has to go out of town to do a crash course on the products and sales tips next month for a few days. He isn't so excited with that because Tony has this unexplained issue with flying.. Besides that we are going to be moving into our new place at the first of the month. We are pretty excited about this. Things are really starting to turn around. There is nothing like hitting rock bottom (well almost) that really puts a positive prospective on your future. (If this statement sounds strange its because it probably is, but if you think about it, things can only get better).

Also, I have been running around CSUS campus with Emily and am proud to say that we made it all the way around and back to her house without taking a walking break. I decided to be a little adventurous and run on one of our off days around my neighborhood. I now completely understand why trainers and health articles suggest working out with a buddy because it is hard to keep yourself moven' when no one is watching. I ran the same distance by myself, but I really like having the company of my friend (and my sweetheart driving behind us to keep us safe) much better. We Rock Em!

So now for the 'rant' portion of my blog.... Today I was out applying for a few more jobs and running errands. Being that it is close to election day everyone has their yard signs of who they are going to vote for and what their views are on certain propositions. As many of you may be aware, California has a proposition to protect the definition of marriage. While out I saw one of the most appalling displays in advertisement. Someone had the nerve to take a "Yes On 8" sign from someone (Mandy-Maybe this is where your yard sign went ;P) and Sharpied in "No on 8". I understand that people have different views than mine, but don't be a larcenous cheap wad. (Sorry if the language is a little strong..) I was, however, glad to see that it was taken down by the time I was on my way home. This isn't even the worst of it. I know of a family that had their car pretty heavily vandalized because they were making a stand on what they believed. All I can say is people need to grow up learn how to deal with opposition.

3 comments:

Travis and Megan Liston said...

I am very excited for you and Tony. This begins a new chapter and adventure in your life. I wish you great success T$. YOU CAN! Keep that in mind. YOU CAN! This will be a new stretch for you. What a great opportunity. We will continue to pray for you and Traci. Thank you Traci for keeping us in the loop. Glad to see that you are enjoying being back in Turkey Town! Turkey Tech (CSUS) is a very nice campus. I graduated from that School. Take care Traci!

Emily Kern said...

I am really grateful to have such a stalwart running buddy! Together we will go far, I hope :). I think I saw the same Prop 8 sign the other day and was equally miffed. I am pretty protective of mine, and was almost as worried about it (I had forgotten to take it down) when Ben and I went of town as I was of my kids. But don't worry, it was ok.

Anonymous said...

Hey Traci! Thanks for the comment on my blog:) I'm glad to hear youre running and keeping in shape! You look great!! I'm trying to get back into shape as well. Ive been going to the gym on and off. I just really want to take off all of this "baby weight"! I'm sure by the time I lose it all, I'll be pregnant again. Grrr....thats life. Anyway...hope things are goin great! Talk to ya later!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online