Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Tony... And Me :)


Tony and I, as some of you may know, have the same birthday. I know that most of you may be thinking "Really? That's really cool". It is cool in some ways, but in a lot of ways is kinda stinky. Neither of us have a day to ourselves to really feel special, and I feel bad because I think Tony feels like he is giving up his special day to make me feel like I had a proper celebration. Its kinda like we are twins, but for obvious reasons not. This year more than any was a real eye opener because he wanted a specific cake to be made, but then back-peddled saying "Do whatever Traci wants. That will make me happy". It made me sad because this is just further proof to my previous theory but also shows me what a sweet and loving husband I have. In years to come I'm really gonna pull out some surprises for Tony to make it special him. I don't want him to feel like he has to relinquish his birthday into the mix of multi-celebrant holidays.

Anyway, yesterday wasn't the best of birthdays because Tony has been sick all weekend long with the stomach flu. Despite all this, his mom was really nice and made us a fabulous dinner and a birthday cake that had what both of us enjoyed. It was a German chocolate cake with coconut pecan icing on one half for Tony and cream cheese icing on the other for me ;) There were 49 candles and enough fire to roast wienies. (This may be our last time combining our ages with candles because someone is bound to call the fire department with the alleged accusation of a bon fire blistering from our tabletop.) Also, our nephew Grant was super cute. He was demonstrating his way on how to blow out the candles..... the wet way. Needless to say we kept him on the other side of the table. Our booty included an iTunes gift card, aid in purchasing a new mattress, a french_butter_dish, and Tony got G's. Thanks to those who sent birthday cards, they were wonderful. I would have to say that my favorite part of the day was to hear from family members. We miss them a lot and love to know how they are doing. Thanks to all who made this day special and Happy Birthday Tony and Traci :)

3 comments:

Aubreydoll said...

Happy Birthday you two! You'll just have to work something out where the day before belongs to one of you and the day after belongs to the other person. Then, you can share your birthday and have a 3 day long celebration instead of just one!

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

Traci!!! Happy Birthday to you and your hubbi. Also, I am impressed that you actually enjoy running. I was thinking about atempting it.. but then it snowed today.. and when are you coming down to visit family/watch the twighlight movie? im so excited for it to come out and i know its around thanksgiving. but guess where i am going to be? at my parents house just 20 min from turlock! idk when youre coming down but hopefully we can see you guys sometime. my sister is getting sealed the day after thanksgiving. so well be there wed before thanksgiving till that monday.

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Happy Birthday you two! You are such a great couple. I'm glad you had a nice day, but I'm sorry you were sick Tony. I hope everything's going well for you. -Megan

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online