Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving... The Neglected Step-Child?

So I don't know about any of you, but I love Thanksgiving. Each year it seems like as soon as Halloween is over we jump at the opportunity to celebrate Christmas. Don't get me wrong, but they are already playing music in stores, driving Santa around on the fire truck, and are days away from dedicating radio stations to the "Sounds of Christmas". I know that we are still a few days away, but what other holiday do you really get to spend time with your family and enjoy such an elaborate spread of food and express your thanks. Ok, so maybe a lot of them, but it still isn't one to be pushed to the wayside.

I love the colors, the smells in the air and holiday candles, and the time that I get to do what I love... Eat, make a pie, and visit with family. Anyway, sorry about my rant, but I just thought I would give Thanksgiving the credit it deserves.

1 comment:

Aubreydoll said...

Thanksgiving totally gets the shaft! But I look forward to leftover turkey sandwiches all year long!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online