Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Tree, Mini Thanksgiving, and Fishing

Its been a while since I have had something to post. My friends wanted to see a picture of my tree and so I snapped some shots of that and found these other ones that I thought you might be interested in looking at.
We made off like bandits with this tree. We were going to go buy a real one because you can get trees starting at $14.95, but we went to Wal-Mart to pick up our decorations first and found this little pre-lit beauty for $35!! We couldn't pass it up because it was that or 2 years of buying the "Charlie Brown" tree at the lot for $14.95. The ornaments were $5 for 24 (so we got 2 different colors) and then we went to Michaels and spent a little more on ribbon to wrap and make bows. So here it is!!

Here is a close up of all the elements we used in our tree. The ribbon didn't match perfectly, but I think it still turned out really well. Thanks, Audra for helping me make the bows :)This is what it looks like with the lights off. Yes, our star is none other than an ornament missing its hook cap :\
And with the lights on :)

Next on the agenda is our Mini Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful time at the Millers for a real thanksgiving, but I wanted to make another pie, and have an evening that didn't involve cuts and month-long bruises. Tony Made the hens, the green bean casserole, and the candied yams, and I made the mashed potatoes, the pie and the stuffing. How's that for team work?!
The Spread. Doesn't that Cornish Hen look tasty???
Our neighbor Audra was out of town so we thought that her husband Tony would want something a little more satisfying than cereal or hot dogs on Sunday.
Me digging in! Don't you love my flannel PJ pants?
Tony displaying the yummy pie I made.

Lastly, Here is our fishing trip we took up in the mountains with his dad. I had a good time once I my medicine kicked in. Unfortunately, it kicked in after we had finished our bumpy drive.
Me and Tony caught a fish. Ok, He caught it and I pulled the poor sucker in. So, I caught 1/2 a fish.
I mainly took pictures up in the mountains, I thought this was cool looking.
Me holding the fish I "caught".
My manly Fisherman.

9 comments:

The Days said...

So fun!
Your tree is so pretty!
I really like the photo of you two together with the fish. Cute!!!

Becca said...

I almost didnt recoginze you at first in that picture of thanksgiving! haha. Looks like youve had fun. Very pretty tree!

Becca said...

and Yuck! Poor Fishy... :(

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

I love to fish! What medication did you take? You get car sick or something?
The tree looks great! And such a fabulous price! I did the ribbon too, but my little man likes to pull it off.... oh well...

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

hey guys! your tree is beautiful!! we're just putting ours up today, sad i know! finals week puts a damper on that kind of thing! tony, you got into the mjc nursing program? i think brock is going to apply, but we heard it's like a lottery thing? we'll probably end up at weber or dixie. we'll see in a few months! are you guys leaving for the summer? hope you're having a happy holiday!

Travis and Megan Liston said...

Call me T. I lost your cell phone.

TRL

Kristie and Roger said...

Pretty Tree............love the two color thing you got going on........

adamandrebeccacoughran said...

Oh i love your tree! It looks fancy. And your dinner looks mouthwatering, im still so sad that we had to bail on you guys! and about the layout of our page, that would be cool if you taught me how to do it so that i can do it all the time! well have a merry christmas! miss you!

Aubreydoll said...

Sorry, I thought I had commented on this! I love the tree, it's so beautiful! Your dinner looks great, too! Can't wait to see you in 2 DAYS!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online