Friday, January 9, 2009

Heart Beats and Udates

There really hasn't been a whole lot going on lately, but I am going crazy looking at the same post over and over (as I'm sure you are as well). Sorry there won't be any pictures this time. My dad and I sold my old camera and a few other things for an upgrade. It is still on back order so it might be a little while until some visual references appear.

Christmas was a blast. We had a ton of fun hanging out with my family. We went to movies, made birthday calenders, ate a bunch of really good food, and on the last night Tony and I were there we played laser tag and black light miniature golf. Tony survived the plane ride and a baby laughed his way through turbulence. It was really funny. It was sad to find out that my dog Batman has recently developed diabetes. Its just interesting how humans and animals can get the same sicknesses.

So as you know Tony and I are having a baby. Earlier this week I had a small complication. I started spotting, but was able to get into the OB to get it checked out. After all the awkward stuff was over, he told me that there was a 50/50 chance of carrying the baby full term. I was pretty upset about this and he did very well in answering all my question. I was supposed to schedule another appointment to get the sonogram/ultrasound, but the nurse on staff pulled some strings to get me in that day. The guy was really good at explaining things as we went along and while we were looking at all the structural stuff we saw this little dot flickering. It was our baby's heart! We were both really excited and he zoomed in on it and we were able to hear it for the first time together (at 5 weeks and 3-4 days). We were both really fortunate because if we went in a couple days earlier then we wouldn't have seen much of anything. Anyway, I suppose that's really the only news I have at this point. I am still super tired and nauseous (but not throwing up so thank goodness for that). Sorry for the lengthy post.

6 comments:

Alicia said...

That's so neat that you got to hear the heartbeat so early on! Good luck with everything--don't stress too much!

Aubreydoll said...

It was so much fun having you guys here (and good call with the laser tag, Tony, that was a blast)!

That is so neat that you've already had a chance to hear the baby's heartbeat, I hope you song have anymore problems and that everything works our okay! I agree, try not to stress out too much, it'll only make things harder on you! Love you!

Becca said...

I miss you guys! I had a really great time this year. I didnt know that about batman...poor puppy.

I hope that you are feeling better and relaxing. Its amazing how something so wonderful as bringing a child into the world can be so complicated and stressful, and make you feel like poopie. Just know that I love you :)

The Spencers said...

HIIIII!!!!!! Tony and Tracy. We hope the baby continues to grow well. I just go accepted to ISU for a master's program in public health so we will be moving at some point. Welp see ya later

Aubreydoll said...

Sorry, I just reread my comment, and I realized there were a few typos! I was on my phone and it auto-corrected some stuff, hopefully you got the gist of it... :)

T and B said...

I hope that everything goes well with your baby. I am so glad that you got to hear the heartbeat, that is very reassuring. Sorry that you are sick. I hope it doesn't last too long.

Take care of yourself.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online