Sunday, August 24, 2008

TONY-The Great White Hunter










The past week has been amazing. I got to do one of my favorite things in this world with the people that I love. Traci and I along with my Dad, Brother and his son, my brother-in-law and his two sons and my dads business partner and his son went hunting in southern Utah for a week. We were hunting right by Duck Creek Village. That's right between Ceder City and Kanab Utah. We rode quads for a week and Hunted for the elusive Mule Deer. We saw tons of does. The bucks were less in number but we still had some shots at some. Without writing a book on the trip I shot 7 times at 6 Bucks. The last day of the hunt Traci and I woke up early and took off into the woods. about 9am I saw a 2 point(2x2) 65 yards away. The deer was quartering towards me with his head bent towards his body. I pulled back and released the arrow. It went in and out of his neck and then into his chest. the arrow hit his wind pipe, his major arteries in his neck, his lungs, and liver. He rad 45 yards and then fell. I'm no robin hood but from the distance and how he was standing there wasn't a better way for me to hit him than the way I did. Sorry if this is a little graphic for you. Here are some pictures of the hunt. Ill post more in a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

The Days said...

Way to go Tony!

Sparks in the Desert said...

Awesome! You guys went hunting in our neck of the woods! We love Cedar Mountain and Duck creek! My mother in law has a spot up there where we spend the whole summer! They are going this weekend, but I am opting not to go because it's just way too close to my due date!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online