Sunday, February 3, 2008

Awkward!

So this morning Tony told me as we were driving to church that I was going to lead in the teaching for Sunbeams. I said that was fine, but had a sinking feeling. I'll be honest... I'm not that good with kids. I always feel so weird around little kids. I think it is because I have never really been one of those Young Women, that when a new baby is born in the ward, who rush the mother politely demanding to hold it. If you saw me holding a child it was probably because I was asked to. But anyway.... I got into the class and our topic this time was about prayer. Easy enough right? Well we sat down and my mind blanked out on how to start the lesson. Tony and our girls were looking at me and finally I got a few things out, but it was clear that I was struggling. Tony, thank goodness, has some experience with kids jumped in and pulled things together and took some of the pressure off. I know that this calling was definitely something that is to prepare me for my time as a mother. I love the girls that I teach I think that they are so precious. I love how they are so cuddly and so generously give their little hugs. They are so smart.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love that picture of you guys! Traci, I'm sure you do a great job with those little kids! P.S. Jenna loves your playlist. She is rocking out (which means she is nodding her head up and down).

Aubreydoll said...

LOVE that new picture, you guys are smokin'!
It can be awkward when you're teaching other people's kids, but as you get to know them more and more each week it'll get easier. The thing that I've learned with Bauer is that he knows more than he lets on so don't be fooled by those girls!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online