Saturday, February 23, 2008

She does what?!

So the last little while I have noticed that Roxy has been trying to be helpful with cleaning up her mess. Unfortunately, this means that she has been eating her excrement. (Barf!) I don't know why she did it so, I did some research about it and found that dogs do it when they are bored or if their food isn't being digested properly (I guess they still smell some of the nutrients in it). The understatement of the year is that it is just plain sick. I have been trying to clean it up each day and throw it in the bushes, but apparently the phrase "out of sight out of mind" didn't quite work because she was still digging it out. So I went online and found that if you put hot sauce or someting along those lines on it then when they eat it they will stop eating it. So that's what I did. I took a bottle and sprinkled it on all the nuggets on the patio and in the bushes. She wasn't going for them like I thought she would so after I had finished getting ready I went out with a sandwich bag and picked a small one up and popped the hot poop in her mouth and held it shut. She was showing discomfort, so I let go and she dropped the remaining bit. I popped the rest back in and she just rolled over and tinkled. I know this is really gross, but after I did it I brushed her teeth with her special tooth brush and gave her some real treats. She got 2 peanut butter buddies for doing such a good job with coopperating. Hopefully, this will put an end to it.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online